Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Welcome Hot N Fresh Readers !

Welcome to Brick's Weather Blog.

This is Bobby from the KUPL Street Team. When I'm not on the streets promoting 98.7 KUPL and the great country music we play, I am the President of The Oregon AMS. The Oregon AMS is group of dedicated weather professionals and enthusiasts. We have TV meteorologists and government mets, private sector forecasters and weather nerds. We meet once a month and discuss weather and issues related to it.

I began my love of weather when I was 8. I used to love having school days off because of snow. In high school, I was the weather watcher from Beaverton for channels 2, 6, and 8. In college, I worked at KATU Channel 2 in the weather department as the weather producer. I really learned how the TV side of weather is presented and what goes into making a good television forecast. Its not as easy as people think it is. You can't just look out the window and know whats going to happen. I'm honored to know most of the TV weather people personally and many are good friends.

If you see me on the street and want to talk weather, step on up. I'll always try to explain whats really going on.

No comments: